Have you ever thought about a beautiful getaway on a cruise ?
Are you planning to travel to your chosen destinations overlooking the scenic views and breath taking waves.
In 2015, my mother and I went on a New Caledonia/Vanuatu & Mystery Island Cruise. It was a wonderful experience, filled with lots of activities, memories and unforgettable views, but I wish I knew a couple vital things before departing on the cruise.
DO YOUR RESEARCH (RESEARCH=GREAT DEALS)
- Whilst looking for your PERFECT cruise destination that is well suited for you, make sure you have a look at early bird deals, last minute deals and the packages that are included. We received a great food and beverage package (Including unlimited alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages). We also had access to all of the restaurants that were included in the ticket.
- Make sure you choose a cabin best suited for you. Cruises have many different options. Personally, I would pay extra and get a balcony cabin. This means I can wake up to the beautiful sounds of the waves and I can get fresh air whenever I need.
TIPS WHEN PACKING
- Ensure you pack casual clothes, warm clothes and fancy outfits. Cruises have special themed events. Out cruise included a Great Gatsby event. Make sure you check what activities and events will be on your cruise.
- Don’t forget to pack sunscreen, toiletries & necessities.
- All of your documents (drivers license, tickets, passports) ** KEEP A SPARE COPY*
- INSURANCE, INSURANCE, INSURANCE !! Please don’t be one of those people who say “I don’t need insurance”, I can’t stress how important it is to get insurance. You know what they say, it’s better to be safe then sorry.
SOCIALISING AND ENJOY WHAT’S ON OFFER
A cruise is a great way to wind down, explore cities and mingle with others.
Make sure you make the most of your time, introduce yourself to others and participate in the activities they have to offer. Your daily entertainment will be performances, concerts and activities. (Bingo, comedy shows, themed parties)
A big part of your holiday won’t just be visiting all of the beautiful destinations, but it will be the events and that occur during the cruise.
So let your hair down, make some wonderful new memories and enjoy every little aspect about being on a cruise !
At the end of the day it’s what you make out of it, so get out of your comfort zone and do things you normally wouldn’t even consider doing in your already life. This is when your memories will definitely be unforgettable.